Building Animeccha - Epilogue
What I built
A web app where a user can scroll through some of my favorite anime scenes of all time !!
Random Roulette: A fun treat for anime fans !!
Specific Anime Screen:
Demo (Scrolling through the montage):
There are basically three set of screens in this app.
- The first one is the home page where all the anime cards are listed.
- One can tap/click on the respective card and go to the next screen which consists of included montages for that anime.
- Tap/Click on the montage card and post that loading animation, scroll through it's frames !!
Link to Source Code
https://github.com/lapstjup/animeccha (with that sweet deploy button 🚀)
I have been an anime lover for a long time. Watched my first one i.e. Dragon Ball almost 12 years ago and since then have watched a lot of awesome ones !! There are a lot of scenes that just make you go DAMN that artwork and storyboarding !! and this app is my attempt to appreciate those.
How I built it
If you haven't checked out my previous blogs then do for awesome gifs and content, but for those who believe in TLDR, the following happened :-
- Vanilla JS POC.
- POC to full fledged React app with routes.
- Deployment to Netlify and leveraging Netlify LMS.
- Creating static image server for local development and migrating from Netlify LMS to DigitalOcean Spaces + Imagekit.io.
- Migrating the App from Netlify to DigitalOcean App Platform.
This was really fun to build and I am thankful to this category's existence and of course, this HACKATHON 😇 !!
P.S. - I will keep adding on more Animes and montages as time permits 😁!!
Interested in reading more such articles from Lakshya Thakur?
Support the author by donating an amount of your choice.